Friday, August 08, 2008

Bloomin' Beautiful Sketch


This is a sketch which my friend and fellow stamper Heather posted for her "Beyond the Sketch" Tuesday challenge for this week. Her sketches always stump me at first until I start fingering and laying out my various ribbons, papers and other stamping goodies. This one was no different. I knew that i would need to weave either paper or ribbon, but I didn't "feel" any certain colors or textures. So I decided that I wasn't going to do the challenge this week. Weenie excuse I know...LOL! This all changed after receiving happy mail from my postwoman today. I gleefully tore into my packages and found my inspiration!

One of my friends from the Recycle RAK swap thread on Splitcoast had granted my wish for a purple burst. And what a load of purple she sent me!! My counter was instantly covered in ribbons of every shape and size as soon as I opened the envelope! And I spied the exact ribbon I knew I could use for this challenge. Such a beautiful deep purple satin ribbon. It is so gorgeous! Mixing it with a beautiful silver ribbon I was saving added a richness to the card. It seemed the right thing to do to use the beautiful hydrangea stamp from the SU Bloomin' Beautiful set. The paper was also in the purple burst from my friend and with it's sanded embossed dots was perfect! Once I had the card all layered, the finishing touch was adding a few of my silver Bella Baubles which I received from my Cafemom Secret Sister Kayla. Viola! A beautiful card that I would never have been able to pull together without the happy mail I received today!

Materials:

Card Size: 5" x 7"
Image: Bloomin' Beautiful (SU!)
Coloring: WC pencils w/blender pen
Paper: lilac with silver embossed dots (RAK); purple CS layer
Misc.: 1" Deep Purple Satin Ribbon; Silver Ribbon; Stickles-Stardust & lavender; Silver Bella Baubles (stampingbella.com)

I really really am proud of this card because it took a LOT of time for me to pull it together because I was so darn picky about the ribbons and where they would go! LOL! I am going to have to find a "worthy" recipient of this one for sure!

6 Words of Love:

Marie said...

Wow! This card turned out great! What a great package! I love SCS. So many possibilities. Love your touches, especially the baubles. What a great idea!

Marie said...

Yeah right! Professional?! Lol! Hey, I just read your fav book list. I will have to update my profile a bit more. But I LOVE the classics. I have but yet to read Jane Eyre (sp?). I saw the movie (recent one with John McAvoy). Oh my! What a story! Love those stories. I also Love "The Other Boleyn Girl."

The wallflower said...

Wow, It came out really great!! gorgeous card!!

Jessica said...

It's so pretty!! I love it and your bg!! Love those swirls and pink bows!

Andrea said...

Wow, great card.
xAndrea

Marion said...

That id super cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps