Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A bad way to start the morning...

So I went in to the university to go buy my books for fall semester as today is the first day for charging to your account. So i found all my books (6 of them) for my two classes and went up to check out.

They asked me for my ID card...um, huh? turned out to charge to my account they just swiped my ID card. So I had to leave my books there and go get an ID card made. It actually looks half decent which is a first! Anyways, I went back to the bookstore and we tried again...nope, wouldn't work...so she said that I might need to wait before it takes effect in my account since I just got my ID card. So i waited...and waited and waited...I waited for about 30 minutes while she kept trying...finally she called the financial aid office and they told her to send me to them. She guessed there were papers or something that needed to be signed.

If only she had been right...

Nope. Turns out when they adjusted my Pell grant to match my credits, instead of having money left over for books...I OWED THE SCHOOL $365!! WHAT?????!!!!!! Oh and that nice $500 transfer scholarship? No one sent me the fine print that said you have to be a full time student to keep it....so of all the $2800 I had for this semester...I now only have $1100...

Oh yes, I was peeved. When I get peeved that badly I start crying from frustration. I managed to hold it in until I left the building and called my hubby...

I'm considered a half-time student and rather then adjusting the Pell grant to pay for the credits I have, they just cut it in half...which made it not enough...so now we have to pay the school $365 for my tuition and pay for my books $320...soooooo not cool...

I'm pretty depressed and my head aches and my eyes hurt from crying...

But I went ahead and bought my books (all but 2 were used praise God!) bought a few extra supplies to make me feel better...then went to the library to drown my sorrows in books.

My hubby called me back and was all supportive and told me not to worry about it cause we have plenty of money in our savings to pay for it. I just love him...And while he's peeved, it's not going to hurt us at all...but he suggested I check out any more scholarships I can possibly find...

Which is interesting in itself...if I lived in OH I could get an OH teaching scholarship...but I live in KY...and if I was going to college in KY I could get a KY scholarship...but my University is right across the border in OH...so I'm just plain out of luck there...

Needless to say since I have the exact same amount in my account for next semester, I plan on registering for the least amount of classes you can take to be considered full-time...which is like 12 credits I think...I REFUSE to go through this again...

So yeah...my morning sucked...but it's starting to turn around...

I'm tickled and astonished to learn that I won the Beyond the Sketch Challenge on my friend Heather's Blog called "Craftastic Times with Heather"! Wow! I never win anything with prizes so this is great!! Please do me a favor and check out her blog if you haven't already. She is amazing and has all kinds of tips and techniques!

5 Words of Love:

Catherine said...

oh no Lisa, I'm so sorry that you had to find out that way. And congratulations on your loot, your card was gorgeous =)

Marie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with school. I understand how frustrating it can be financially. In a way, it's better to start off with 2 classes to get into the swing of things. I have the same issue with my financial aid. I HAVE to stay full time to gather my full benefits. It's not easy, but hang in there. It will be worth it in the end.

Congrats on your card! It's beautiful!

The wallflower said...

That sucks!! great card though! about my card, the base was I think 5 inches, but I really think I could have gone smaller.

Marie said...

I left you a blog award on my blog, go check it! Aloha!

Stamping with Heather said...

Oh sweetie - I am so sorry you had such a bad day - but you really deserved to win my challenge - so I hope things get better :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps