Thursday, August 21, 2008

Acrylic Post-It Holder

I needed a birthday present for my sister-in-law and I knew I wanted to make her something. She doesn't use journals very much, so altering a notebook was out. Obviously I'm making her a card, but what else?

I decided to try a new project. An Acrylic Post-It Holder! I just think they are so cute, but haven't had a chance to make one yet. I ran out to my $$ store and bought two: one that sits horizonally and another which is vertical. I decided to use the horizontal one for hers as it seemed a bit more sturdy. I wanted to keep it simple for my first time and it ended up pretty cute if I do say so myself! The one thing I don't like about this picture, is that you can't see that I've used Stickles on each of the flowers as well as the grasshoppers. In natural light it looks really sparkly and pretty! I don't have any scalloped square punches, so I just used my handy scalloped edge Fiskars scissors and I love the way it added a little more. I can't wait to make another one of these for ME!

Materials:

Acrylic Bent Picture Frame
Post-It Note (blue)
Paper: Glitter Embossed Cardstock; Purple Double Sided Cardstock; White (Georgia Pacific)
Image: "Grasshopper Fluffles" (stampendous); "Smile" (Inque Boutique-Sentiments)
Ink: "Galaxy Black" (Brilliance); "Ice Blue" and "Wisteria" (Color Box CatEye Liquid Chalk)
Misc: 1/4" grosgrain lavender ribbon; "Stardust", "Lavender", "Yellow", "Waterfall" and "Cinnamon" Stickles (Ranger); Small purple Gemstones; Scalloped Edge Scissors (Fiskars)

Finished Project: 4" x 6"

I probabaly won't be on again tonight and then tomorrow I'm subbing in a Kindergarten class so I won't be on until maybe tomorrow night.

Thought for the Night:
"The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book." ~Author Unknown


3 Words of Love:

Mel M. M. M. said...

This would make anyone smile! It's adorable. I've never tried one, but you're making me wanna! :O)

Paper Makeup said...

ooo, i really like this project idea. Now i want to go out and get some frames. :)

MamaCass07 said...

This is GREAT! I want to make a few as Christmas gifts. So, just the floppy picture frames? Can they be made into magnets? I want them to be able to put them on the fridge.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps