Saturday, July 26, 2008

Tag-a-Bella

In a post awhile back, I mentioned that I had finished a project that I wished I could post a pic of, but due to the fact that it was for my Secret Sister and she is a reader of my blog...I couldn't...Well, she has now received it and loved it and has asked me to post a pic to share with everyone...And so I will...

Here it is. I made her a tag book after watching a tutorial by Dawn Griffith. I was skeptical about how it would turn out, but once I chose the colors, everything just went together. After digging through all my Bella images, I found Lattebella and knew she would be perfect to grace the cover as my Secret Sister (Heather) is an avid coffee drinker! I used some big Primas for the front which really helped pull it together and some sheer pale purple ribbon to tie it up!

I don't have pics of the inside but the tags were three different colors which coordinated with the flowers on the glitter embossed cardstock cover. I then used a thin 1/4" wide sheer lilac ribbon for the tags. And to add a bit of "umph" to the tags I used my fancy corner cutter and added designs to each tag corner.

It was great fun to make and I will definitely do it again in the future!

Materials:

Image: Lattebella
Paper: Glitter Embossed CS (Michaels)
Coloring: WC pencils w/blender pen
Miscellaneous: Stickles; Primas; Sheer Ribbon; adhesive gemstones

I also had a surprise when checking out my friends blogs this afternoon! My new (and rapidly becoming dear) friend Mel honored me with this award! She is a fantastic artist so if you haven't checked out her blog yet, I highly recommend it! As part of being a recipient of this award, I have to pass it on and while I value all of your comments and friendship, I have to limit this down to three:

Heather -My Secret Sister: You are so amazingly talented and I find it shocking at you still consider yourself a beginner. I'm really enjoying getting to know you better every single day!

Cass -You have had a rough week and I've missed reading your posts. Can't wait to see your next cards/projects!

And lastly Nicole(aka. Wallflower)~ Your comments always make me smile! You are very talented woman and I love you cheery designs!

That's all for now. I'm hoping to create a bit this afternoon and evening until we go to the fair tonight.

But just in case I don't, here is my thought for the day:

Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~Harold Whitman

3 Words of Love:

Gill said...

Great tag book, love the pp and the Bella stamp, just perfect for Heather lol! I tried to send you a mail, just to say hi and that but I couldn't access your address, maybe you could e-mail me
lv Gill x

The wallflower said...

Ahhh! Thanks Lisa! your so sweet! I love coming to your blog!

Heather said...

I do love this tag book! It is SO me!! :) I saw this earlier, but he kids were freaking so I couldn't comment. I missed the award though!!! Thank you SO much !! You are too sweet!!! I enjoy your friendship also . As for the beginner thing.. I am :) lol. I have only been stamping for 6/7 months. I am learning but have a LONG ways to go, lol. Thank you for hte sweet compliments:) you make me smile.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps