Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sparkling Faux Silk


Here is my entry for a sketch challenge hosted at Craftastic Times with Heather. It took me a LONG time to put this card together cause I could never get it just how I wanted it. But once I added the faux silk at the top, it came together really fast. And let me just say that while I'm not in love with this card...I AM in love with my glue pen!! I used it to trace some of the flourishes on the faux silk then sprinkled some of the Doodlebug Sugar Coating glitter over it...sigh...it was love at first sparkle! LOL! You can see the effect a lot better in the second picture.

Materials:

Paper: CTMH (DP), Generic CS
Miscellaneous: Doodlebug Sugar Coating Glitter; Stickles (stardust); Primas; gemstone brads; CTMH Organza Ribbon

6 Words of Love:

Mel M. M. M. said...

This is SO pretty. I love the glitter you got on that faux silk & those three little flowers are so sweet! Glue pens ROCK, hey? If it is a Sakura quickie one it works amazingly with embossing powder too. :0)

The wallflower said...

Great card! I like the way you glittered the faux silk, it really pops!

Gill said...

Beautiful card, loving all the glitter, that's one thing I don't have lol! thanks for visiting my blog and all the lovely comments you leave
hugs Gill x

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Lisa! Congrats on your award!!!I got your message to check your blog today. For some reason, I can't read the text in your posts, so I don't know what it says. Email me, please. There's an email link on my blog.
Hugs, Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Gill said...

hi Lisa, me again ;), thanks for taking part in my quiz
lv Gill x

Stamping with Heather said...

Oh my - so sparkly! I love the organza ribbon... Thanks for playing this week - I was hoping you would find the time :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps