Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sparkle Sparkle!

First off, let me start with saying what a wonderful hubby I have! He works about 2 hours away Monday through Wednesday so he comes home late every Wednesday night. Last night he brought these home with him...awhhhh...He knows that I ADORE flowers and especially red and yellow ones! Since we are trying to conceive a sibling for my son, this was the perfect start to a great night! (blush!)

But let me get back to what I was going to post! LOL! I finally finished my last two cards for a birthday card swap! I'm not thrilled with this one, but I think it just being a Bella redeems it! I tried making a window look with my scalloped punch but it's not quite how I wanted...but that's okay. She's the size of a small notecard which I why I had to crop her...but I've been wanting to try this out.

Materials:
Base: Small white notecard
Image: Giftabella w/hat
Coloring: Watercolor pencils w/blender pen
DSP: Paper from the little Birthday pack at $$ store
Ribbon: Adhesive "Celebrate" ribbon from JoAnns; white sheer ribbon
Stickles: Cotton Candy and Diamond
CS: Textured Lime Green
Extras: Marvy Scalloped Punch; PopDots

On the other hand, I adore this Birthday Bella which I started last night, but finished up this morning. She's just cute any way you cut it! I don't know if you can tell, but on the presents at the bottom, I used like 5 different colors of Stickles! Each present has one portion of it sparkly whether the box or the ribbon. I liked the look it gave only doing sections. I also Stickled Bella's present and hat cause they just needed to sparkle! I actually cased a sketch challenge we used in another group as inspiration for this and I think it worked well. And I used my fingertip daubers for the first time! I love the way it added to the Bella pic!

Materials:

Card Base: White Greeting Card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2)
Image: Giftabella w/hat; Row of Presents (I don't know where this image is from?)
Coloring: watercolor pencils w/blender pen
CS: Glitter Embossed from a DCWV pack; Teal CS for punches
Stickles: Cotton Candy, Lavender, Yellow, Patina, Waterfall, Diamond
Brads: Large Teal gemstone (Walmart!)
Gemstones: Tiny Adhesive Purple
Ink (w/dauber): Colorbox Cat Eye Liquid Chalk Wisteria
Primas: purple and yellow

So I'm finally caught up on that Birthday swap and I can get these in the mail. But I am not done with cards yet! I still have to make two more for my Secret Sister Swap as well as a special project for her which I KNOW she's going to like! Amazingly, I think she's still in the dark on who her partner is...or she's pretending to be! LOL!

I don't know if I will get on again today, so I will go ahead and give my thought for the day which is dedicated to my darling hubby:

A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.


5 Words of Love:

The wallflower said...

I love all of them. There is something about bella that completely redeems cards gone awry (not yours I think their beautiful no matter what) But I have had the same problem. I didn't like something so I added bella, and BOOM!! It looked great! lol Great cards Lisa!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Ouuuu! I love the way you framed both of these Bellas. Brilliant! Those 5 different colours of stickles rock too. Lovin' the bright colours. :0)

Heather said...

I really enjoyed reading this:) it made me smile. you are so cute!:) I hope things go well trying to conceive .. or at least have fun trying :) *blush* :)
The cars are so sweet! I love them all .. and your ss?? hehehe!!! that is funny .. you think she is hiding that she knows??

theysaywordscanbleed said...

cute cards.

arlene,
Silverdale florist

Paper Makeup said...

The bella cards look fantab! And congrats on deciding to go for another kiddo! I'm still terrified of having 2. I guess i better get unterrified before september! haha.

- katie

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps