Monday, July 28, 2008

A sketch and Award

We received a new sketch challenge in one of my Cafemom groups yesterday. I saw it and thought...ugh...As you can see it has an unusual layoout including a non-square element which I thought might be tricky.

I first chose a ribbon for my color theme, then everything else kind of came together. I used my last image I had of Giftabella w/a hat for this card. I really need to get a friend so send me some more! I use her for almost all of my birthday cards cause she's so darn cute! I absolutely love Rub-On's and I had some really cute birthday ones that went very well with this. They are all the confetti and the word "celebrate".

The only thing I don't like about this card is the way my camera took it's picture! I might have to take another one outside in the sun to get a true shot of the colors...that green just isn't as fun looking as it is in real life! LOL!

Materials:

Card size: 5" x 5"
Image: giftabella w/hat
Paper: generic CS and DP; Glitter cardstock from DCWV matstack
Misc: ribbon; stickles (diamond); adhesive gems; Rub-ons; Balloon embellishment


The Wylde Woman Award

I was tickled pink (what does that mean anyways? LOL) to receive another award yesterday! This was given to me by my wonderful international new friend Gil! She is amazing when it comes to cards and you absolutely have to check her out if you haven't already!

The rules of this award are:

1. You can give it to one or one hundred or any number in between - it's up to you. Make sure you link to their site in your post.

2. Link back to this blogsite http://www.tammyvitale.com so Tammy can go visit all these wonderful women.and remember the Purpose of the Award: To send love and acknowledgment to women who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy.

This time, I am sending this award on to two women who have lately been writing me just the sweetest comments! Thank you very much!

Allison

Jessica

Thank you very very much to all of you out there in the blogging world who come and check my site or stay in touch! I can't believe I have already passed up 1,000 hits! Woohoo!

I plan on doing more crafting today, so won't say goodbye for the day yet!

Tootles!

3 Words of Love:

Heather said...

I love the card you made!!! So so cute!!! This sketch will be a toughie! the colors are great! Very festive.
I put my counter up just a few days ago. I should not have started at 0 since I had already had the blog for around a month:) oh well:) It is fun to see the #'s go up:) And thanks for the reminder... I need to put up my awards also!!! Gill is amazing! I love her :)

Mel M. M. M. said...

SO gorgeous. You are seriously awesome at putting together colour. I struggle with it so much. Love what you've done with this sketch and the glitter looks gorgeous too! :0)

Allison said...

Thanks for the award chickadee...one question, what color font are you using? I can't see most of what's here (I selected all [ctrl-a] and then I could read it).

BTW, super bella! And thanks for thinking up that sketch...it looks like a good one!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps