Sunday, July 20, 2008

Re-working the Gatefold Card

I have been working on this most of the night. Now I know the reason that I use OTHER people's templates and tutorials! It's because I stink at making my own! LOL! Anywas, several weeks back my church women's choir gave me a very special Thank You card. It was a gatefold, but with a little more extras...It wasn't a homemade card, but I kept it anyways, determined to case the design.

Ha! That was sooo not as easy as it seemed it would be as nothing was a straight line! LOL! But I did my best and copied the original card's lines to the best of my ability. I even made a template to share...but it's not ready to share yet! LOL!

This is my "rough draft" so to speak of the card. It measures 4 1/8" x 5 1/4" so it fits in a normal card envelope which is great. the card I received, had a very small square picture on the top and then instead of a bow it had the words "Thank you". I had to use some glue dots to keep everything flat and in place to get a good picture. Here is what it looks like open. the top piece (green polka dots paper) has a scalloped edge on the top piece and a rounded scalloped edge on the bottom piece. I love the extra this adds. You can't see it on mine, cause I messed up my edges and they became distressed when they were supposed to be clean! LOL! The side pieces are actually triangles that I attached to the inside of the card, as the "real" version of the card has the side panels open up, thus completing the square patch...i know it's hard to see, but I will try to re-do the pic tomorrow.

Whew! I'm so glad I'm done for the night with this. I was getting very frustrated with it because I REALLY wanted to use this design!

I'll try to "fix" it tomorrow...or maybe just do a new one testing the template that I drew.

That's it for tonight...

Thought for the night:

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones. ~John Peel

2 Words of Love:

The wallflower said...

I think it's nice! I'm in the middle of casing a few cards to see if I can redo them, I'll have to let you know how it works. Good luck!!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Now THAT's a gatefold card! What great folds. It looks ultra pretty! :0)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps