Tuesday, July 08, 2008

New Poll...New Card

Today I finally put all my printed off card tutorials into a 3-ring binder to keep them in one place. It's great!

I also worked on a new card I found on SCS. I love my Explosion card from Dawn, but this one is slightly different and pretty cool, cause it stands up on it's own base. It's called a Spring Card. I knew I wanted to use this adoreable House Mouse image my Cafemom friend Emily sent me and then digging around I found the perfect paper to go with it. I love the brown on the front because it's textured. The card looks sooo much better in person. Anyways, I used my watercolor pencils on the pic, then my blender pen. Then decided to make my little bluebird shine with some Waterfall Stickles. I used a Brilliant Blue cardstock base...then used a cute chocolate brown/blue/green patterned paper I've been sitting on. Loved the way it matched. I used two Skittles (ie. Robin's Egg, Bauble, ect) on the base...some crystal gems on the 3 corners and a piece of CTMH Carnival Blue (don't the REAL name)Organza Ribbon to finish it off. I'm pleased with it...

Now to find someone "worthy" of receiving it...LOL! You see i have this thing that the cards I love the most have to go out to someone who will love them back. Maybe I'm a bit weird, but this Spring Card (for example) does not deserve to go in the trash can! So I have to send it to someone who will "love" it and give it a good home! LOL! I'm curious too see if I'm alone on this, so I made a poll on the right side of the page here...let me know your thoughts on the whole idea of sending out cards only to "worthy" recipients.

So that's it for tonight...I'm going to catch up on some reading as I received a new book in the mail from PaperbackSwap. I love getting free books!

My thought for tonight:

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland

2 Words of Love:

Jessica said...

Very cute! I agree about not wanting to send cards to someone that will just toss them. I would rather keep them! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, I added you as a link too. It's fun finding all these gals that love paper crafting as much as I do!!

Heather said...

Too Sweet!!! Very cute card!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps