Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July (and other stuff)

First off, I'd love to say HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to all my friends and family! I hope you have a "blast" and that you stay safe while having fun this holiday weekend!

I'm working on a 4th of July card that I'll post later once it's done...

Anyways...

Some big news for me! Looks like come August 27th I'll be heading back to school! Yep, I had my meeting with the Department of Teacher Education at the University and they totally agreed that it was feasible and we looked at my transfer credits and the things I was missing and I only have 2 classes that I have to take before I can apply to be part of the teaching program. Well, two classes and the PRAXIS test, but that's something I have to take regardless.

So I filled out my FAFSA (financial aid) form yesterday and will find out next week what I have (or DON'T have) to pay for school. It it looking good for me to be getting lots of $$$ assistance from the government which is fabulous! Then I have to study and try to take my Praxis tests ASAP so I can then register for my classes. I'm going to try to take definitely 3 classes, and I'll try to work in 4. This school is a blessing because it offers a TON of evening classes in the subjects I need to take.

So wish me luck on this new adventure! God willing in the future I will graduate with my Bachelors in Education and will be able to join in the "molding of the minds of future leaders"! LOL!

I will close with this thought for today...

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong. ~James Bryce

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps