Saturday, July 12, 2008

Good, Bad and the Ugly

Okay, so maybe it's more like Good, okay and the Ugly, but you get the point! LOL! Thus describes my three cards I made this weekend.

I'll start with the good. This very very SIMPLE card was made for a sketch challenge on Cafemom. It is much more simple then my usual style, but I was having a brain fart challenge wise and wanted to do something! LOL! Still, I like it and will enjoy sending it to someone.

The next card is my "Okay" card. This is one of the images that I colored the other night and I liked the coloring and I liked my little bit of Stickle add on...but I just couldn't come up with a card design that I liked. I knew I wanted to use this paper combo, but my brain was sooo not helping me! So I just did something simple and while I don't LOVE it...I don't hate it either...though adding those 3 blue gems helped me like it more! LOL!

And then comes my "Ugly". Sigh. I made this next one as a hopeful entry into a card challenge on Cafemom. We were following the Buckle Card pattern and for some reason, I had the worst trouble figuring out the belt and how it worked into the card. Silly I know...LOL! Once I did, I felt so stupid...well regardless, i really don't like how it turned out. I wish I had used a smaller piece of patterned paper on the front and had layered it...and I wish that I had done something totally different on the belt. Then my sentiment stamp is faded...but I think that is because I used a SU Pale Plum ink pad that isn't juicy. I was grateful to receive it in a recycle RAK, so I'm not complaining...I just need a reinker! LOL! So it is faded and crooked...I loved my cardstock combinations though, so I know I'm going to re-try this pattern and hopefully I'll get the results I want.

Sadly, I can't work on it tomorrow, but that's because we are going to a friends house for a big bike ride and BBQ! We have to leave the house at 6am (UGH!) and won't be home until later. But I will work on that card sooner or later!

And so I am signing out for tonight...

And my thought for the evening is:

You can't wrap love in a box, but you can wrap a person in a hug.


3 Words of Love:

Heather said...

WOOT!!! your blog is featured as a newly discovered on my friend allisons stampin when I can blog:) YAY!!!

OK, now to fuss at you! GOod bad and ugly?? R U NUTS?? they are all beautiful and different and have great things going on in them. I think the house mouse is SO SO SO CUTE!!!

That sketch card is so sweet! It was HARD!!!

your buckle card is so soft and so lovely.

You rock!! Don't be so hard on yourself!

momma_lizzie said...

pft! your cards are way cute!! you are super talented!!

Allison said...

Loving these! The House Mouse one is so cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps