Wednesday, July 30, 2008

God Answers...

Yesterday I finished the day in frustration, on my knees praying for God to take over and asking Him to intervene with my college situation. This morning I got up determined to stay positive and call my advisor until I got an answer. Before I called her, I decided to check online one more time to see if the school had posted days and times for the class I needed. Imagine my shock when I see that the class that has been full for 2 days now has ONE SEAT REOPENED. LOL! I was so surprised I was checking and double checking...nope, it was there...Why do people of faith always seem surprised when we get answers to our prayers?! LOL!

I am now officially registered!!!

Ironically, the two classes still open that I'm able to take this semester are the only two classes that I HAVE to take to apply for the teaching program at the end of the semester. I do believe that God had a hand in that!

I now have to verify with the financial aid department that I'm okay with only having 6 credits this semester, even though I told FAFSA I was going to take about nine. If it doesn't affect my financial award, I will leave it at those 2 classes. But if they would be decreasing my award, I may consider taking one more class, but the timing on that class is a little off...so I might just let them adjust my award for this semester.

Needless to say, my day is going GREAT right now! LOL! Thanks for all the encouragement and support you guys gave!

And now for a card...This little cutie was made as an entry into a challenge in one of my CAFEMOM groups. We followed a tutorial by Dawn Griffith called Suspension Valentine Card. I don't have any tag punches like she uses in her video, but I do have a scallop punch and then smaller circle punch. I really like the way it turned out. I wanted it to be clean and simple. And I haven't done any white based cards in awhile. Plus, I needed to try out my new pack of Georgia Pacific White Cardstock to see if it is any good. I love it! It's smooth and is thick enough to use for a card base without any problems! And for the cost you can't go wrong...I think it was only $5.95 for a ream of paper (150 sheets). I totally recommend it!
I also got to use a new stamp from a cute little Studio G set for the inner flower and my new sentiment stamp for the front. I love them! I opted to use my ColorBox Liquid Chalk for the blue and green and let me say how much I adore those Cat Eye ink pads! Sooo nice for doing a flower design when you want more then one color. I have got to get some more of those! For the suspension part Dawn used Linen Thread, but I don't think I even own any...and I couldn't remember where my embroidery floss was...so I went with my neverfail...DENTAL FLOSS! So not only is it suspended but it smells minty fresh too! ;)

Materials:

Card Size: 3 x 4 1/4"
Paper: GP White cardstock; blue DP
Image: Inkadinkado Sentiment; flower from Clear mini Studio G set
Ink: Color Box Liquid Chalk Cat Eye (French Blue & Ice Jade)
Misc: Stickles (Diamond and Waterfall); Ribbon; gemstones; prima

I really liked this design and will probably use it again.

4 Words of Love:

Heather said...

you just gave me chills from my head to my feet, literally!!! GOd is good!!! no problem for him is too great or too small!:) I am so happy for you!

I love your card! Beautiful and so soft:)

Catherine said...

Congratulations... isn't GOD good =)
and btw, your card is too cute! I recently made a suspension card and love it. I have to try this one =)

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen said...

Even though I am few days late GOD is good all the time. And yes, it is quite funny how we pray and when those prayers get answered we are so amazed!! Love the card and TFS GOD's greatness!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps