Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Faux Silk Challenge Card

Our new Card Challenge of the week in the Card Making Mamas group on Cafemom using a technique called Faux Silk. It was actually very easy to make and I am very pleased with the results! I used a mixture of RAK items including some CTMH organza ribbon that I love! The main image stamp of the flower is from the SU set Smorgasborders (I think) which I stamped in a dark green ink by Anne Griffin. I filled in the flowers on the tissue paper with my watercolor pencils using my blender pen to add a touch of darker color. Once put together I added just a touch of Diamond Stickles to the leaves on the faux silk flowers.

I felt my background cardstock needed something, so I stamped the same flower all over it in the same green and I think it adds a lot! The striped paper came in a RAK from a friend and the green mini gemstone brads are just from Michaels. For my tag I used my 1 5/8" scalloped punch (Marvy) with a 1" circl punch inside and stamped it with a sentiment from a $1 clear pack stamp set. I scraplifted the keychain from some embellishments I had in my stash and added it to the tag with an eyelet.

I just love this little card and really enjoyed learning the technique! If you haven't tried the faux silk yet, you totally should because it is very easy and adds a lot to the look of the card.

Whew, that's it for tonight. My contacts are about ready to fall out of my eyes!

Thought for the night:

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli

2 Words of Love:

Heather said...

I think it is beautiful!

I really like your thought for the night. :) I enjoy reading those:)

Mel M. M. M. said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the texture you got & the stickles. SO sweet! :0)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps