Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Birthday Bliss

Today is Birthday Card day! I have 4 I have to make and send out in a swap by Friday, another one to add to my Secret Sister swap package and then one for my best friend's birthday. But I have one down...so only 5 more left! LOL!

This birthday card was made using one of those images I colored last week. I absolutely adore the colors in this card and the paper is so vibrant! Believe it or not it is not SU, CTMH, PTI or any other name brand designer paper! It's just from a pack I picked up when I was at the Dollar Tree store one day. I didn't even know these patterns were in it, but I'm sooo glad that I have it! I will probably use some of the other patterns in my other birthday cards to make this week. I love the way that the gems at the bottom add a little bit more to the pic...I received those from my darling not-so-secret-sis Karla and I'm using them like crazy! I even managed to tie a tiny bow for the balloons to give it a bit more pop.

I used this sketch to design my card cause it seemed to fit the size of the picture very well. All I did was stand it up. it is such a an easy to tweak sketch that I think I'm definitely going to be using it more often. I must say that I love sketches of any style just cause they help me start with an idea right away. I hate it when I'm in a funk and have to just sit and stare at my craft table piled with papers and images wondering what on earth I'm going to do! LOL!

The one thing I did find out while making this card was that how few birthday sentiment stamps I own! I only had like two to choose from and didn't like either of them. Digging through my stack of images didn't help either as I didn't find a single image sentiment to help! LOL! I'm so glad that I have friends on Cafemom with a lot of Happy Birthday sentiments that I can get images of! I went straight away and requested some of my favorites!

Well, I need to get back to stamping! I have 5 more birthday cards to work on and did I mention I have 2 more generic cards to finish this week too?? Oy! LOL!

I'll be back with more pics of my creations later!

3 Words of Love:

Heather said...

Awesome! I love the balloons!!! And don't ya love the $ store finds?!? Very cute card Lisa!!
I love your frog siggy:)

Jessica said...

I love it, like i said on cafemom, the balloons are so perfect! Thanks for your sweet comment!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Lisa! What an adorable bunny! He looks so fuzzy and cute. I love the sparkly balloons, too. Great job with this card!
Hugs, Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps