Monday, July 07, 2008

Bella..Bling...Beautiful!

I just finished making my Envelope Card for the swap I'm participating in on Cafemom. It was soooo easy and soo much fun. We followed a tutorial by Dawn Griffith for the card and now that it's done, we are to put little card making goodies inside of the envelope. It was so nice to find a great piece of cardstock, as that is always my biggest battle! I love the shiney blueness of it! LOL! Anyways, from there it was easy for me to decide that I was going to use Gardenbella (an image from a friend on SCS) and I could use my Waterfall Stickles on her dress to make it match the card! Then I used a few other stickles for the flowers and "viola" she was done! The envelope was fun to decorate too. I used some of my new gems to add the bling and then I found the most perfect piece of lace trim for the flap! Even I was almost shocked at how perfect it was! LOL! Anyways, it just slowly came together and I'm very happy with the result!

I was also happy to find that my new Martha Stewart Gel Adhesive i picked up at Walmart ($1.88!) worked perfectly for the corner gems! What a great find!

So now I get to find goodies to tuck inside this little treasure. I hope that my swap partner likes it as much as I do! LOL!

Here is the front of the card:


And then the inside:


Isn't it pretty!?

Here is the link to the video tutorial by Dawn Griffith that we followed:
Envelope Card Tutorial


Let me know if anyone tries it for themselves because I'd love to see your results!!

Man, I love it when I actually LIKE my finished project! LOL!

That's it for now!

Here's my thought for today:
Certain flaws are necessary for the whole. It would seem strange if old friends lacked certain quirks. ~Goethe

2 Words of Love:

The wallflower said...

Wow, beautiful!!!

Heather said...

It is gorgeous Lisa!!! I know your partner will LOVE it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps