Monday, July 21, 2008

Beachabella and a Happy Mouse

Boy, I've been a busy lady this afternoon! I finally finished my last two cards that I needed to get done. I actually am in love with them because of the color combinations. I've always been drawn to bright primary color shades over pastels and so these two cards just sorta fell together. I decided to leave them more generic as I wasn't in a specific sentiment "mood". And I was birthday'd out after last week! LOL!
I knew I wanted to do a Bella and that I wanted her to be bright, so Beachabella was a perfect choice! Then the colors just sort of came together and I love that prima color combo. There is just something about a rusty shade of red or a burnt orange I'm drawn too. I left the card sentiment free as I couldn't find one that I liked. I decided against layering Bella this time and did a bit of daubing. For the sand I combined a Cocoa with a Metallic Gold.

Materials:

Image: Beachabella
Coloring: Watercolor pencils w/blender
Paper: DCWV Summer Stack Mat
Ink: Color Box Liquid Chalk (Ice blue, Cocoa); Brillance Metallic (Galaxy Gold)
Miscellaneous: Primas; Gemstone Brads; Adhesive Mini Gemstones; SU Grosgrain Ribbon; Stickles (Yellow, Diamond)

For my other little card, I wanted something bright, but fun. I was feeling polka dots! I pulled out my favorite polka dot paper and matched it with a piece of CS that a friend ran through her Cuttlebug for me. Perfect! I love splitting a card in half with paper and these papers really made it work. Then to hide the seams, this little piece of pink and white polka dot grosgrain ribbon was perfect. I punched out my little HM with a 1" circle punch and put it on a punch from my 1 5/8" scalloped round punch. Doodledots on the scallops and it was done. I went back and forth on adding a sentiment and then decided that this little HM one was perfect for the feel of the card. At the last minute I decided to add a bit of Stickles to my little mouse just cause he was so darn happy looking! LOL!

Materials:

Image: House-Mouse Jumpin' for Joy; "Live Love Laugh"
Paper: DCWV Summer Matstack; Hot pink CS (Polka dot folder on Cuttlebug)
Punch: 1" circle; 1 5/8" Scalloped Round
Miscellaneous: Ribbon; Stickles (Diamond); Mini Brads

I'm just about stamped out for now and need to clean up my stuff. It's all piled up on my kitchen table which for now is my workspace. My hubby did buy me the materials he needed to build me a big 30" x 60" desk/table for our office. I can't wait until it's done because it will be wonderful to have a permanent location to work on things!

My thought for tonight is borrowed from my card:

Live, Love, Laugh...and Be Happy!


3 Words of Love:

Paper Makeup said...

Love the layouts! On the cards and the new layout on your blog! :)

Stamping with Heather said...

That Bella is one of my favorite cards that you have made! I love the colors and the details that you added!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Ouuu! I love that orange on your bikini bella. Your colouring is gorgeous & those stripes are WAY cute. And that little mouse is just too perfect with that sentiment and those sweet happy colours. :0) TOO fun!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps