Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Adventures in Glitter Glue

Once upon a time I decided to make a card for a card challenge in one of my Cafemom groups. I decided on the theme, the paper, all that stuff and sat down to make it. Coming together easier then i thought, i rejoiced! It was a beautiful card...but it needed something...

"Stickles!" I declared

And so I dug into my drawer searching for those Waterfall Stickles that I knew I had.

Yes, there they were...finally a chance to use them for the first time! I just love the color. So I squeeze the bottle...and...hmmm, nothing coming out...so I squeeze a littler harder...still no sparkles.

Well poop. NOt wanting to mess around with it, I reached back into my drawer for some generic blue glitter glue that would work.

Yep, there it is. Such a beautiful saphire color. I open the cap, hold it over my card and squeeze...hmm, what is the matter with these things? So I check it out and decide to squeeze it a little harder...and lean down to watch carefully...

ALL OF A SUDDEN OUT OF NOWHERE....

SQUIRT!!!


All over my floor and wall!!

Yep, a glitter glue explosion! I always wondered why glitter glue had warning labels about "if this get's in the eye, use a...blah blah...". Well, now I know.



Amazingly enough, my card was unscathed! Shocking huh?!

I couldn't believe it, but the darn bottle still had a 1/4 of the stuff left in it!!

I still wanted to use the blasted Stickles on my card, so this time I decided to use the Patina Stickles on my trees...I gently squirted, but it was stuck...but this time I learned my lesson. I grabbed a stick pin, and cleaned it out...amazingly enough (being sarcastic!) it then flowed smoothly, not squeezing needed...

And so I did the same to my Waterfall Stickles and low and behold it worked too!

Me and the card lived happily ever after...

See, if I don't win, at least the winner has a funny story behind my card!

Almost makes me want to keep it for memory sake!

Want to see the card? It's quite cute...


Here is what it looks like closed...


And here is what it looks like fully open...


As for the "recipe", see my post that has the video tutorial by Dawn Griffith. The card is called "Surprise PopUp". The stamp I used is from the Riley collection, however, I received that image from a dear friend. The sentiments are from two stamps I picked up. The inside stamp actually says "Take time to Enjoy the simple Things in Life" but I adapted it. The other stamp amazingly enough I got from Dollar Tree for $1! I used Patina Stickles on the trees, Waterfall stickles on the drink. Textured CS from WalMart for the card itself and silver metallic adhesive gems for the dots.

I really love this card and will be sad to give it up...but maybe I'll win the challenge and won't have to! LOL!

1 Words of Love:

The wallflower said...

oh, how funny! Your dang lucky your card didn't get any on it. I probably wouldn't have been that lucky. It's a great card by the way, love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps