Friday, July 04, 2008

4th of July Explosion Card

Hey all!
So I did make a 4th of July card today and it was sooo easy and I think it turned out pretty cute. I used Dawn Griffith's pattern for her explosion card that she just had up in her video a couple days ago. It is super easy and once you make one, you will remember the measurements and directions for the others. I've made enough of them now that i can make one in about 10 minutes! WooHOo!

So one of these pics shows the card closed and then the other pic shows you what the card looks like opened (exploded!) up. It looks sooo much harder then it really is...seriously...The key is to plan it all out color/theme wise before you get started. Then cut all the triangles...cause then it's just a matter of pasting them where they go...easy as pie!

I was bummed at the color of the red though. I was hoping I had some brick red cardstock, but no such luck...but i think it still looks okay. I used Stickles on the sparklers and I think it adds a lot even though you can't really see it in these pics. In "real" life, it really sparkles and shines. I gave the card to my MIL and ironically she was having a bad morning, and needed a card...and I didn't even know that, which makes it even more special. She loved it and has it sitting up on her bookshelf to look at.

I'm in the process of using the pattern for a few more cards since it's so easy. I highly recommend you trying it out, if you haven't all ready. Here is the video by Dawn Griffith showing you the pattern...


That's the card if you want to try it out. Make sure you let me know if you do, so I can see what you came up with! I love seeing everyone's different takes on the same card pattern.

Well, I'm going to call it a wrap for the night...hard to believe it's another 4th of July come and gone. The next one will be here before we know it!

Be safe the rest of the weekend!

And remember...

If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace. ~Hamilton Fish

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps