Friday, June 27, 2008

The Beginning

I finally gave in to the almighty blogging world!

What finally did it for me? Well probably that I have things I want to tell people, but don't want to type them a zillion times...and I like posting pics, but don't want to upload them to 5 different places.

Regardless, here I am...

So, for those of you wondering...

Who am I anyways?

I'm Lisa. Beloved wife of John for going on six years. Mommy to my son Seth since Feb. 10, 2006. Daughter to my parents living in WA state. Sister to my one and only sibling, David, the new High School Graduate. And grandaughter to my dear darling grandparents (paternal side) living in WA state. And then there are the plethora of aunts and uncles and cousins...but just know they are there...

I'm 28 years old and actually not dreading the looming 30 as bad as I thought I would be. It's the new 20, right? LOL! My hubby is also 28 a mere 4 months older...but enough to claim seniority for him! LOL!

And for a quick life story...

I was born and raised in WA state where I lived with my family until I graduated from community college with my AA in 2000 at which time I hit the road for O-H-I-O! I attended a Biblical Studies school for 8 months and then returned home to WA and moved in with my grandparents. I started working pretty much as soon as I got home...then in October 2001 my life changed.

My family attended an annual church convention in Gatlinburg, TN and on the 8th day of it, I met the love of my life. It was love at first site for him...I admit it took me awhile. He lived in KY. I lived in WA. We wondered how it would work, but it did and 8 months later after a plane ride for me to visit him and a plane ride for him to visit me, he flew out in May 02 and packed me up and moved me back to KY. Then July 8, 2002 we got engaged (yes, on his knee!) and we were married on Dec. 1, 2002.

And we lived happily ever after...

So, I'm a city mouse who has been transplanted into a country town. And I'm thriving, even though I need refreshed now and then with a visit to the mall! LOL!

So what am I doing?

I'm a SAHM with my son which is a job in itself...but I also teach piano lessons from my home and this last school year started substitute teaching in the local school district. It's a great life and I'm loving every minute of it.

We are currently in the process of trying to conceive a sibling for my son...so God willing, come Spring 2009 we'll have another member of our family!!

Hobbies: Music, Reading and Card-Making! Once I get going on this blogging thing, i'll start posting pics of the cards I create. I'm quite proud of them actually. I think I do a pretty good job for someone not very experienced.

So as this is definitely an epistle of an introduction, I do believe that I will leave you with these words...

"If at first you DO suceed, try not to look so surprised!"

2 Words of Love:

Tammy Murphy said...

Lisabee- I love your glitter story.... you are too funny girl.... And I love Riley Moose... He looks very familiar! Very cute card.... :)

Dustybug said...

Welcome to the blogging world Lisa! I look forward to reading yours. I think that you are very good at card making! I've certainly enjoyed the ones that I have received!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps